From: Mark Rodgers (mark.rodgers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-02-16 03:49:51

> Here's a thought building from previous suggestion. We could say
> "Boost.Thread" without using a definite article or the word
> "library".

I like it!

As I see it, TLAs have the following problems:

1. It's a very small namespace. BxL only support 26 libraries, and
   common letters like T are going to disappear very quickly.

2. They're not descriptive so newbies won't have a clue what we talk
   about.

3. They're confusing, so that even if we do know, we'll waste valuable
   cycles thinking "Now what was P, oh that was Python". It will be
   especially confusing if we get some visually similar TLAs.

It also seems unnecessary. Within the context of Boost, the B and L
seem redundant (we know it's a Boost Library). Outside of this context,
the B and L convey insufficient information.

Mark