From: Jens Maurer (Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-02-17 16:42:04

Jeremy Siek wrote:

> Hmm, perhaps a problem with binary files in CVS. I've removed
> and then added the file again using -ko... I hope that's the
> right flag.

No, you want to use "-kb" for any binary data such as pictures:

`-ko'
     Generate the old keyword string, present in the working file just
     before it was checked in. For example, for the `Revision'
     keyword, generate the string `$Revision: 1.1 $' instead of
     `$Revision: 5.7 $' if that is how the string appeared when the
     file was checked in.

`-kb'
     Like `-ko', but also inhibit conversion of line endings between
     the canonical form in which they are stored in the repository
     (linefeed only), and the form appropriate to the operating system
     in use on the client. For systems, like unix, which use linefeed
     only to terminate lines, this is the same as `-ko'. For more
     information on binary files, see *Note Binary files::.

Jens Maurer