From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-02-17 17:01:48

Thanks Jens. I've readded the file, this time using -kb.

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Jens Maurer wrote:

Jens.M> Jeremy Siek wrote:
Jens.M> >
Jens.M> > Hmm, perhaps a problem with binary files in CVS. I've removed
Jens.M> > and then added the file again using -ko... I hope that's the
Jens.M> > right flag.
Jens.M> >
Jens.M>
Jens.M> No, you want to use "-kb" for any binary data such as pictures:
Jens.M>
Jens.M> `-ko'
Jens.M> Generate the old keyword string, present in the working file just
Jens.M> before it was checked in. For example, for the `Revision'
Jens.M> keyword, generate the string `$Revision: 1.1 $' instead of
Jens.M> `$Revision: 5.7 $' if that is how the string appeared when the
Jens.M> file was checked in.
Jens.M>
Jens.M> `-kb'
Jens.M> Like `-ko', but also inhibit conversion of line endings between
Jens.M> the canonical form in which they are stored in the repository
Jens.M> (linefeed only), and the form appropriate to the operating system
Jens.M> in use on the client. For systems, like unix, which use linefeed
Jens.M> only to terminate lines, this is the same as `-ko'. For more
Jens.M> information on binary files, see *Note Binary files::.
Jens.M>
Jens.M> Jens Maurer
Jens.M>
Jens.M>
Jens.M>
Jens.M>

 Jeremy Siek www: http://www.lsc.nd.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Candidate email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 Univ. of Notre Dame work phone: (219) 631-3906