From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-02-18 13:39:10

At 12:43 PM 2/18/2001 -0500, david.l.smith_at_[hidden] wrote:

> Sorry, as I'm sure this question is asked, answered, and horribly
>annoying to see. But I've downloaded the boost_all.zip and unpacking it
>am reading the boost_all\boost_1_20_2\build\building_libraries.htm file.
>I'm wondering what kind of script win32-vc6.cfg is, and just how I can
>execute it.

Argh... That directory wasn't supposed to be included in the
distribution. It is where the build tool I've been experimenting with
lives. It isn't ready for prime time, yet, although getting
closer. Sorry.

> Furthermore, is it actually necessary to do so? The html file indicates
>that it's for libraries which must be built before use, but I haven't
(yet)
>found any: all the *.cpp files I've found so far indicate that they're
>tests of the boost libraries.

The Python and Regex libraries do require builds. Currently they have
their own make files.

Sorry to have confused you,

--Beman