From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-02-18 13:48:09

At 06:16 PM 2/17/2001 +0000, Wilka wrote:

>> For Boost, I guess the constant should go in namespace boost to
minimize
>> namespace pollution. For the name, how about "EXIT_EXCEPTION_FAILURE"
>> match EXIT_FAILURE.
>>

>How about "exit_exception_failure"? Using all caps makes it pretty likely

>to clash with a macro.

Yes, you are probably right. I'll change it.

The root of the problem is the C and C++ standards use of EXIT_xxx macros.

Maybe we should supply (in namespace boost) exit_failure and exit_success,
and start promoting these as replacements for the macros. The aim would be
eventually including them in the standard (in namespace std), and
deprecating EXIT_SUCCESS and EXIT_FAILURE.

--Beman