From: md656 (md656_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-02-19 12:56:49

> I am using the boost smart pointer library with MSVC++ 6.0. (The boost
> libraries are great!) I am using primarily the shared_ptr<> class.
> When I access the interface of the pointer that is "wrapped" in the
> smart pointer, via the shared_ptr<> overloaded indirection operator
> (->), MSVC's auto-complete feature does not pop-up the interface of the
> "wrapped" pointer. I'm guessing MSVC doesn't expand through the
> templated shared_ptr<> to resolve the "wrapped" pointer's class.
>
> Has anyone come up with a "trick" to restore MSVC's auto-complete in
> this situation?

Hi...

My name is Mohammed Iqbal. I am a new comer to this list. I wish you accept
me as a new member. Although I am professional in C++, I am not a
programmer.

I also use MSVC 6.0. This compiler has many bugs dealing with templates. You
need to install SP4. May this solve your problem. Can you send the code
fragment that you wrote? I will try to work with it.

Mohammed