From: Thomas Witt (witt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-02-26 12:03:36

On Monday 26 February 2001 03:41, you wrote:
> At 08:20 PM 2/22/2001 +0100, Thomas Witt wrote:
> >can anybody give me a hint regarding the status of the dir_it library. I
> >just tried it and recognized that neither its header is in
>
> the >standard(boost) header dir nor does it work out of the box(at least
>
> >for a simple minded guy
> >like i am).
> >
> >Is there currently a maintainer for this lib?
>
> I asked Dietmar privately last month about updating dir_it. He says he is
> interested, but busy.
>
> I'd also like to see dir_it formally reviewed. (It was one of the seed
> libraries, so has never been reviewed.)
>
> If Dietmar isn't able to maintain it, is there someone else out there who
> is interested?

As I am currently using it I would be able to do some work. Though I only
have access to and knowledge of a very limited number of platforms (gcc/vc6).

The next thing I am planning to implement is a simple testing harness. I like
to be able to rely on basic services and there are two major source of
trouble here, OS quirks and library bugs.

Thomas