From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-22 19:45:42

on 3/21/01 2:19 AM, emontag_at_[hidden] at emontag_at_[hidden] wrote:

> I don't think you can do what you are trying to do. I've tried with several
> complilers, and they all complain. The most comprehensible compiler error
> complains about a circular reference between turnstile and base_fm - which is
> true. The base type is trying to access a typedef which is contained within
> the derived type.

OK. I didn't use statements like "typedef DerivedFSM::state_type
state_type" to avoid this recursion problem. I guess my indirect techniques
of not using typedef-s didn't fool any compilers. I should change the
"fsm_base" class template to get the state type, etc. as template
parameters.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie