From: j.w.wesselink_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-03-24 05:07:04

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <abrahams_at_m...> wrote:
> Michael,
>
> I think it would help if you could be a bit more specific about how
you
> might use the iterators. For example, what would you iterate over?
Pixels,
> bytes, scanlines, or something else?
>
> A couple of code samples showing how such an iterator might be used
would be
> extremely helpful (both to you and to the rest of us) ;-)

I'm interested in such a library too. A nice place to start is
the VIGRA library from Ullrich Koethe:

http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~koethe/vigra/

"VIGRA stands for "Vision with Generic Algorithms". It's a novel
computer vision library that puts its main emphasize on customizable
algorithms and data structures. By using template techniques similar
to those in the C++ Standard Template Library, you can easily adapt
any VIGRA component to the needs of your application, without thereby
giving up execution speed".

Regards,
Wieger