From: Paul Carter (paul.carter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-29 04:19:21

--- In boost_at_y..., pinkfloydhomer_at_y... wrote:
> We had a thread about three weeks ago about non-blocking input and
> asynchronous input. Somebody said that he would try to make a
> starting attempt at a sound design of a library doing this.
>
> Have anything been contributed yet?

Hi,

I'm afraid I'm still working on this, it's progressing ok but isn't
ready to be submitted yet.

The design as it stands at the moment allows the 'asynchonizing' of
any existing stream type. It also makes use of the prototype Boost
Thread library, so changes to this library will be required as the
thread library matures.

This design has the advantage that is platform independent (or at
least as platform independent as the BTL) and (should) also works
with all stream types, including user-defined ones - although it
doesn't make sense for some stream types e.g. stringstream.

Paul