From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-04 14:34:23

----- Original Message -----
From: "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]>

> For example, Jeremy said he was experimenting with comma rather than :: as
> the separator. That is the kind of issue I'd like to see resolved before
> widespread use. The worry is inconsistency.

...but as you can see he is now settling on a design very similar to the one
that Alexey has been using in his own code for some time now. There really
aren't very many ways to approach this problem, and since the goals are so
clear (clarity, ease-of-use), it is easy to see when one approach works
better than another. I think we have reached consensus, or will very soon.

-Dave