From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-09 20:21:18

Actually, it's the fast "set" operations that are more important to me...
so I may start with the SGI STL version of std::bitvec and just make it
dynamic sized, and then snatch the iterators from std::vector<bool>...
actually I'm not sure I even really want to iterate over bool's. What I
really want is to convert the bit set into the equivalent compressed
format: a vector of integers, where the integers correspond to positions
in the bit set that are "1". I wonder what the fastest way to do this
conversion is?

Cheers,
Jeremy