From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-09 21:44:11

Off the cuff: you could think about generating fragments of the result
vector by indexing from the bitset a byte-at-a-time via a lookup table of
256 arrays of size() <= 8 (including length indicator). This is also the
data structure you could use to quickly determine how much memory to
allocate for the result.

-Dave