From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-12 15:08:58

At 06:30 PM 3/9/2001, Petr Kocmid wrote:

>> From: Beman Dawes [mailto:bdawes_at_[hidden]]
>> The formal review period for Daryle Walker's Cyclic Redundancy Check
>> Library will run from Saturday, March 10th through Saturday, March
17th.
>> The library is available at
>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/crc.zip
>
>I suggest that formal reviews should be placed at cvs, under development
>(or pending?) section. Some of us find little inconvenient to sign
>up manually to the dubious advertising web site collecting personal
>info in order to get the files, while using regular automated cvs
>access to the boost repository at the same time.

CVS works for some people and some libraries, but not for others.

Someday SourceForge will give us better administrative tools or we will
move to another site. (Heaven forbid someone makes a mistake now and a
directory has to be deleted or renamed.) But in the meantime, CVS isn't the
place to put review libraries.

>Or perhaps, sourceforge's ftp of boost should mirror the yahoo vault.

But then how do you keep them in sync? I guess a script could be written
to do it automatically. But it is just one more bit of administrivia, and
we are short of folks who join Boost just to do systems administration.

>The humorous part of the story is that after massive yahoo interrogation,
>was told being not approved yet by moderator to access boost files.

Hum... That isn't supposed to happen. Can you get access now?

--Beman