From: kevin_vanhorn_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-03-13 17:40:41

The compiler status page for Linux claims that the random library
works with GCC 2.95.2. This is not true. GCC 2.95.2 ships with
a version of libstdc++ that does not include the <limits> header,
which <boost/random.hpp> includes.

By the way, has anyone out there managed to make random work with
GCC 2.95.2 on Linux? I tried upgrading to libstdc++-2.90.8 and then
libstdc++-2.91 (which do provide <limits>), but I could not
successfully install either of these. Depending on what I tried,
either I got an error because it could not inline a function in
basic_string.h, or it couldn't build any of the library at all because
ltconfig didn't recognize the --build option.