From: Dan Nuffer (dnuffer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-13 21:37:39

----- Original Message -----
From: <kevin_vanhorn_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2001 3:40 PM
Subject: [boost] random library

> The compiler status page for Linux claims that the random library
> works with GCC 2.95.2. This is not true. GCC 2.95.2 ships with
> a version of libstdc++ that does not include the <limits> header,
> which <boost/random.hpp> includes.
>
> By the way, has anyone out there managed to make random work with
> GCC 2.95.2 on Linux?

Yep, I've got it to work.

> I tried upgrading to libstdc++-2.90.8 and then
> libstdc++-2.91 (which do provide <limits>), but I could not
> successfully install either of these. Depending on what I tried,
> either I got an error because it could not inline a function in
> basic_string.h, or it couldn't build any of the library at all because
> ltconfig didn't recognize the --build option.

Attached is a patch that will fix the random library for boost 1.20.2, I
haven't had time to update it for 1.21.1 yet. It may or may not apply
cleanly, it just depends how much of the random library was changed.

Actually it fixes a little more than the random library, it changes all the
places in boost that had:

#include <limits>

#ifndef BOOST_NO_LIMITS
#include <limits>