From: Garry C. Marshall (wb15_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-15 04:51:04

Hi,

One place I've found that has some good book reviews in general is the
ACCU web site at http://www.accu.org.

For the STL in particular, I'd heartily recommend 'The C++ Standard
Library' by Nicolai Josuttis - there's also a tutorial one by the same
author but I haven't seen that.

For patterns, you could start with the GoF 'Design Patterns' by Gamma,
Helm, Johnson and Vlissides and take it from there.

Other than that - the book reviews on the aforementioned site
should give you a good start.

Hope this helps.

Garry.