From: Doug Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-15 19:06:37

On Thursday 15 March 2001 05:36, you wrote:
> --- In boost_at_y..., williamkempf_at_h... wrote:
> > --- In boost_at_y..., <boost_at_y...> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > This email message is a notification to let you know that
> > > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the boost
> > > group.
> > >
> > > File : /threads/threads.zip
> > > Uploaded by : williamkempf_at_h...
> > > Description : Boost.Threads draft library submission
> > >
> > > You can access this file at the URL

> > > To learn more about file sharing for your group, please visit
> > >
> > > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/files
>
> I've uploaded a newer version of this file. It addresses most of the
> problems found by others up to this point. I'd appreciate someone
> testing this with Comeau (and other compilers) to see if I've fixed
> the syntax problems. VC++ is too forgiving on many of these things,
> making it difficult on me here.

A few more minor issues Comeau found:
- boost/thread/thread.hpp: #include <string> so that implicit conversion from
(const) char* to std::string can occur in the call to std::runtime_error's
constructor (not sure if Comeau is acting correctly here or not, but it can't
hurt).

- boost/thread/condition.hpp: timed_wait needs a return value if "pred"
returns true. Also: it isn't clear to me what the intention of "pred" is:
should it be a function object? a volatile reference to something convertible
to bool?

- src/mutex.cpp: a "-1" that should be a
std::numeric_limits<unsigned>::max().

- src/mutex.cpp: #include <limits>.

- src/semaphore.cpp: in the up member function, there is a conditional:
        if (count < 0 || available + count > max)
  where "count" is unsigned.

        Doug