From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-17 07:14:12

>is there anything new about the ability to
>use the regex lib with sun forte c++ 6upd1?
>
>What would be the detailed steps to build the lib with forte c++?
>I read at the compiler status page that someone managed
>to build it and then had some failed runtime tests.
>
>What is the route to get so far - at least?

Aha, synchonicity, I was just about to post a message about that. I think
I've tracked the problem down to a problem in the test program (some
defunct #if's whick I've now removed). I think that it should now be OK.

I don't have detailed instructions though, as I'm not a sun user - I
suggest you start trying to build and run
<boost>/libs/regex/demo/regress/regex_test.cpp (it builds as a single
file). If that's OK (let me know if it is!) then the library source is in
<boost/libs/regex/src/*.cpp, just build all those cpp files into a library.

Thanks for comming back to me on this.

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/