From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-17 07:14:16

>In what primary type category do function types belong to?

If you really do mean function rather than function pointer types then they
are in a class of they're own. Unfortunately there is no way of testing
for them - at least not that is generic - they're also types that should
never be seen in practice, although I accept that there is some template
code that can deduce a function type as a template parameter.

Having just said that, I have a thought that possibly they can be tested
for...(a type that isn't anything else)?

Thanks for bringing that up.

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/