From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-20 10:40:07

Hmm, I think what Oleg calls "lazy matrices" is something that I would
normally just bundle into what I think of as expression templates...
though there's no point in arguing over the terminology. Either way, its
an important concept. Creating various transformed "views" of a matrix and
choosing the right time to evaluate is certainly necessary.

Here's a paper I wrote about the MTL v3.0 prototype concerning lazy/eager
evaluation in the context of matrix expressions:

http://www.lsc.nd.edu/~jsiek/mxtl.html

Cheers,
Jeremy