From: Toon Knapen (toon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-20 12:13:14

> I'd challenge those interested in boost numerics libraries to come forward
> with concrete lists of problems and algorithms for a particular domain.
> With those in hand we'll be able to determine scope and priority for
> various peices, and it will provide a firmer ground for discussing
> interface and implementation issues.

My interest is also mainly LA oriented. I'm most interested in
both symmetric and non-symmetric, both dense and sparse with a
complex or double datatype. As for algorithms, LU is definitly
on the top of my list.

Also more matrix/multi-dim-array functionality is very important.
Basically I would like to use the lib within an open-source
finite element package. Thus multiplication of small rectangular
matrices is important. For assembly purposes slicing and
indirect adressing are also very important.

I understood from Andrew Lumsdaine that MTL 3.0 uses a
layered approach with a LA layer on top of the multi-dim
array layer.
I would like to ask if it would be possible to submit already
part of the code(I'm thinking about the lower layer first).
Thus would comply with your approach to release the parts
that people are most interested in first I guess ?

toon