From: Phlip (pplumlee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-02 08:39:04

Proclaimed David Allan Finch from the mountaintops:
> Hi All,
>
> I was at the ACCU Spring Confrence last week and there was
> discussion about what sort of additional libraries there might
> be. One of the ones mentioned was a 'medium' complexity
> GUI library. Leaving a side what does that mean for a moment.
> I was working on such a library 2 years ago and we came to
> a stop when the company I work for moved over to java.
> If there is any intrest in this I can make avaiable this code
> for review, to help anyone that wishes to work on such
> a project. But note currently it would be difficult for me to
> 'boostify' this library. Additionally when we started this
> project (6 years ago) the STL was infancy and we implemented
> our own template collections, but it would not be that difficult to
> change them.

Does this library use the "slots and signals" system that Qt invented and
which I suspect Gtk+ emulates?

I posit that a "quasi-standard" library, such as Boost always tries to be,
should avoid using an implementation of the Observer Design Pattern that
sucks, such as MFC's terribly heavy Message Maps.

--
  Phlip                          phlip_cpp_at_[hidden]
============== http://phlip.webjump.com ==============