From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-02 09:09:41

Version 1 of "fsm.zip" in the vault implements a Coplien-style finite state
machine that I picked up from the Usenet. I haven't had the chance to read
Coplien's work, so I may be missing some details, especially for the
documentation. I'm wondering if the action type should still take no
arguments, or should it be able to take the stimulus value as an argument.
What about the FSM class itself; should an action object take that in as a
second parameter, or as a constructor argument? I also added the (untested)
capability for actions to inspect and/or change the state map itself, can
anyone think of a complex FSM that would need to do so?

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie