From: David Allan Finch (sarum_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-02 09:15:02

md656 wrote:

> How do you guarantee that this library work on different OSs? I mean there
> are differences between the hardware and OSs running? For ex., the
> resolution of the screen? The OS maybe graphical like Windows?

'Sticky' worked in 'Points' and translated to the screen res (it
would also allow you to use other standard units like 'mm' and
'in'). It always used the 'OS-GUI-API' to display 'GUI-Objects'
and to get the layout right it asked the 'OS' for the sizes of the
object first. We spent a lot of time on getting this right :-)

The last version of 'Sticky' worked on Solaris/Motif and OS2/PM
but there where working versions in it history for Windows &
X/Athena & X/OLIT (althought I can not guarentee that any of
it will compile now).