From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-03 16:32:06

At 02:41 PM 4/3/2001, David Abrahams wrote:

>One question: should we set up the other lists (tech support request and
>feature request)? Right now there is a message saying that you'll get
>better
>response by using the yahoogroups list, because I didn't think I could
>count
>on boost contributors to subscribe to boost-tech/boost-features mailing
>lists on which new tracker threads would be announced.

If I understand correctly, you are saying that boost developers would have
to subscribe to three lists to get support requests and feature
requests. That does seem counter productive. It is a pain for developers,
and feature requests it might be better if they went to the main list
anyhow.

> I would have had new
>threads posted directly to this list, but I don't seem to be able to
>subscribe the sourceforge email bot (noreply_at_[hidden]) to our list
>without confirmation so that it may post.

One trick would be to relay the message through some boost volunteer's
email program (using the filter and forward feature in some email
programs). But that would probably be a failure prone kludge. Is asking
yahoogroups for help hopeless?

--Beman