From: jk_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-04-04 07:17:57

4 Apr 2001 15:42:57 +0400 Beman Dawes wrote:
>* It required each posting to include one or more keywords (from a list
>supplied by the moderators) on the subject line. If a posting wasn't in
>the correct form, it would be politely bounced back to the submitter with a
>list of the valid keywords.
>
>* It allowed each list member to specify (via a nice web interface) which
>keywords they wished to receive.

How is it differ from several independent maillists? Just for example,
boost-threads_at_[hidden], boost-iterators_at_[hidden] etc.?
And yahoogroups really have nice web interface.

>Is there any real list software that can do that? Are there other
>solutions that would solve the message overload problem without fracturing
>Boost too much?

The solution is that: open several mail lists on yahoogroups and put "keyword"
into the local part of address.

But I don't think that traffic is too high, anyway, so I would leave things as
they are now; at most, I could understand division into "metalibrary" (traits,
functional, iterators etc.) and "problem-oriented" part (regex, threads, crc
etc.).

--
jk