From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-04 06:38:09

At 04:14 AM 4/4/2001, Moore, Paul wrote:

>Is there any plan to split this list by topic? As things stand, I'm
getting
>snowed under by mails, most of which I'm deleting unread. Filtering is no
>use to me, as I want to avoid downloading this sort of volume.

I've had a fantasy about a mailing list server that did two things beyond
the usual functions:

* It required each posting to include one or more keywords (from a list
supplied by the moderators) on the subject line. If a posting wasn't in
the correct form, it would be politely bounced back to the submitter with a
list of the valid keywords.

* It allowed each list member to specify (via a nice web interface) which
keywords they wished to receive.

Is there any real list software that can do that? Are there other
solutions that would solve the message overload problem without fracturing
Boost too much?

--Beman