From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-04 20:12:41

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001 kevin_vanhorn_at_[hidden] wrote:
kevin_> --- In boost_at_y..., Jeremy Siek <jsiek_at_l...> wrote:
kevin_> > Persistence is certainly an important issue. I've recently added
kevin_> > input/output to the "dot" file format which is used by Graphviz,
kevin_>
kevin_> What exactly is graphviz? I've seen the files for it, but I haven't
kevin_> found documentation for it anyplace. Currently I'm writing my own
kevin_> routines for graph (and property) I/O; am I reinventing the wheel?

The graphviz dot I/O stuff for BGL is "under construction". The
implementation is mostly done, but the docs for it are currently in latex
and need to be converted to html. I'll post an announcement when it is
ready.

The purpose of the dot file I/O is really for display purposes, not so
much for persistence. It's good for small example graphs, but I wouldn't
use it for million node graphs :)

Cheers,
Jeremy

 Jeremy Siek www: http://www.lsc.nd.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Candidate email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 Univ. of Notre Dame work phone: (219) 631-3906