From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-04 20:25:55

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Kevin S. Van Horn wrote:
kevin_> Also, I would have found it useful to have a similar interface
kevin_> (returning a reference to the stored value) for edge and vertex
kevin_> properties. In my application I need to associate a rather large amount
kevin_> of data with each vertex, and it is impractical to copy all of this data
kevin_> every time you want to access it. I ended up storing a shared_ptr to the
kevin_> data.

The LvaluePropertyMap interface returns a reference to the stored value.
Anotherwords, instead of using get() use operator[].

http://www.boost.org/libs/property_map/LvaluePropertyMap.html

Hmm, looking at the adjacency_list documentation, it says that it's
property maps only support Readable and ReadWrite. This is a mistake. They
support LvaluePropertyMap. I'll fix the docs.

Regards,
Jeremy

 Jeremy Siek www: http://www.lsc.nd.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Candidate email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 Univ. of Notre Dame work phone: (219) 631-3906