From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-04 22:32:36

Hi Hrant,

So there's two issues here:

1) the requirement for Default Constructible

   I'm afraid this requirement is intentional and will not
   be removed. The reason for this is that the filter iterator
   adaptor has to be Default Constructible to be a C++ Standard
   conformant iterator, and the predicate
   needs to be contained in the iterator by-value (for
   performance reasons).

2) The crash on MSVC++

   I believe this is due to a bug in the MSVC++ compiler
   with regards to generating the copy constructor
   for your ColorTolerance class. I suggest adding
   an explicit copy constructor to this class to
   avoid the MSVC++ bug. Also, it would be great
   if you could report this bug to Microsoft.

Cheers,
Jeremy