From: rcspython_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-04-05 18:15:21

--- In boost_at_y..., rwgk_at_m... wrote:
> I had a similar problem a week or so ago. In my case it turned
> out that VC did not deal correctly with inline functions.
> Trying to make up an example:
>
> struct XXX {
> bool generic(int a, int b);
> inline bool specific_1(int a) { return generic(a, 1); }
> inline bool specific_2(int a) { return generic(a, 2); }
> };
>
> The link error occurred when I tried to wrap specific_1()
> and specific_2() simultaneously.
>
> Possible solution: remove the "inline" keywords.
> If you find this too intrusive, define free functions like:
>
> bool XXX_specific_1(const XXX& x, int a) {
> return x.specific_1(a);
> }
>
> def these free functions. E.g., replace
>
> py_XXX.def(&XXX::specific_1, "specific_1")
> by
> py_XXX.def(XXX_specific_1, "specific_1")
>
> Hope this is related to your problem...
> Ralf

 I was excited to hear of your success with this problem. I replaced
ALL inline functon defs with ordinary method implementations.
However, the error remains. The truly odd thing is that it only
affects certain methods and not all of them.

Some of the methods that do build cleanly were inlines and I changed
them as well, I cannot detect a pattern there.

I am still hopeful that someone else may have a solution to this...

Best Regards!
Ron