From: rcspython_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-04-06 13:02:21

OK!

I found the problem and it is rather disturbing...

The linker error implied that the mangled names were identical and
causing a collision ( or something close to that). This was not
exactly what we saw though.

In general we had methods to wrap of the type:
bool func1(bool)
bool func2(bool)
bool func3(void)
bool func4(void)

It turned out that func3 and func4 caused no problems....
However, func1 and func2 could not be wrapped together no matter what
names were assigned to the methods!!!!

The workaround we implemented:
bool func2(bool realarg, bool workaround)
This changed the signature enough that the link error went away.

At the very least it appears that methods which have bool args needed
to have additional dummy args added on the change their signatures.
Changing the method name does not resolve the error.

I have a suspicion that other arg types may evoke this error as well.

This may be a Visual C++ problem or BPL, I do not have the technical
competence to determine that or fix it. Someday soon perhaps... :)

I hope this helps others who may have struggled with this problem!

Best Regards,
Ron