From: jk_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-04-09 23:36:27

9 Apr 2001 19:16:12 +0400 Kostya Altukhov wrote:
>I think in C++ callbacks to member functions are far more important
>than callbacks to free functions. I find it a little bit strange for C++
>callback library not to support callbacks to member functions.

It is easy to produce fuction object from member function with binders.

>Talking about callbacks, what I really would like to be a part of boost
>is libsigc++. Unfortunately it does not seem to be possible because

I don't think that libsigc++ is very good, unless I'm missing something,
because it allows to call back into freestanding function only, not into
arbitrary function object. It is possible to register callback into member
function with the pointer to object, but this possibility is intrusive - it
requires to derive object from SigC::Object. It is not good IMO.

--
jk