From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-10 13:42:25

From: "Gary Powell" <Gary.Powell_at_[hidden]>

The new version breaks Intel 5.0:

C:\Projects\testbed\main.cpp(96) : internal error: assertion failed at:
"edgcpfe/expr.c", line 12892
     auto_ptr<const Derived> pp(p);

When I tried to change this to

     auto_ptr<const Derived> pp;

it complained that in

      explicit auto_ptr(pointer rhs =0) throw()
    : inherited(rhs)

pointer cannot be converted to void*. With the (void*) cast suitably
inserted main.cpp compiles.

The reason for the internal error turned out to be that the copy constructor
is wrapped with

#if !defined (BOOST_NO_ARGUMENT_DEPENDENT_LOOKUP)

(AFAIK Intel does have Koenig lookup (it's EDG 2.41) so this may be another
problem with config.hpp.)

When I comment the #if/#endif lines it compiles but crashes when run. :-)

I wonder what copy constructor does MSVC use. :-)

--
Peter Dimov
Multi Media Ltd.