From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-13 11:01:01

Boost has no budget at all. We get a bit of free logistical support from
individuals, universities, and corporations. So far, the corporate support
has been mostly in the form of letting employees contribute to Boost on
company time. We've never been asked to acknowledge any corporate support.

Now a company has offered us a license for their compiler, so it can be
included in Boost regression tests, and reported on the appropriate status
page.

They have also asked (but not made their offer contingent upon) that we
acknowledge their support on the status page, and link to their web site
with a small logo. There were no other strings attached. I have not
mentioned the company name because any policy we set should apply to all
such corporate support, not just one company's.

I imagine something like this on the status page:

    [logo] Crash-and-Burn compiler contributed by the BelchFire company.

It seems to me that this is a reasonable request, and in fact it is better
for us to acknowledge such support up front.

What do others think?

--Beman