From: Mike Sackett (msackett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-13 12:22:36

It strikes me as a reasonable request, though perhaps it would be wise to
solicit similar support from other compiler vendors to avoid appearing to
favor a single one. I, for one, pay close attention to what Boost
members/contributors say about compilers, especially with regard to
standards compliance. I think it's reasonable to conclude that some
users, upon seeing a vendor's logo on the Boost web site, will conclude
that there is some level of endorsement or consensus in favor of the
vendor's products.

..Mike