From: Jens Maurer (Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-17 11:51:42

williamkempf_at_[hidden] wrote:

> I assume you've written similar constructs with other threading
> packages such as pthreads, Win32 threads, ACE threads, or what ever.

No, that's basically my first threading experience with C++.
(I've had the compulsory minimal exposure with Java, though.)

> Can you tell us which packages you've used to implement examples such
> as this one in the past and what differences you perceive (in
> usability, safety, ease of use, development time, etc.)?

Comparing with POSIX threads, I'd assume the "unlock on destroy"
feature of Boost.Threads.lock is less error-prone than explicit
unlocking.

It took a few iterations of testing to get the push/pop interface
"right" (note the "bool" return value) for all cases.

Jens Maurer