From: rrdn60_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-04-17 11:54:31

Here is what is currently causing the problem:

% g++ abc_sl.o -shared -fpic -L../apikit/lib/hppa8000 -lAbc
-lboost_python -lcl -ldld -lm -o abc_sl.sl

% g++ -shared -fpic -L../apikit/lib/hppa8000 -lAbc -lboost_python -lcl
-ldld -lm -o abc_sl.sl abc_sl.o

Question: Which one is "correct"?

Well to me the second version looks more Unixee as Unix commands like
chmod allow one to put one or more files at the end.

They both produce shared libraries whose byte counts are
588552
and
656156
respectively.

BUT, only the first ones throws an exception that is caught in the
Python environment as a normal exception. The second version causes a
segment fault.

(g++ 2.95.3 on HPUX 10.20 with Python 2.1b2 All files compiled with
-g and NO -O optimization flags.)
Norman

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <abrahams_at_m...> wrote:
> Well, it's always possible that it's a bug in boost::python, but I
know that
> some GCC 2.95.2 targets had bugs in its exception-handling. Have you
> verified that you're not seeing a compiler bug in 2.95.3? All of the
> problems you're seeing point to bugs in the exception-handling
> implementation which don't show up with other compilers. You might
try
> turning off optimizations; that sometimes has a bad interaction with
EH.