From: rwgk_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-04-17 13:14:01

--- In boost_at_y..., rrdn60_at_e... wrote:
> Here is what is currently causing the problem:
>
> % g++ abc_sl.o -shared -fpic -L../apikit/lib/hppa8000 -lAbc
> -lboost_python -lcl -ldld -lm -o abc_sl.sl
>
> % g++ -shared -fpic -L../apikit/lib/hppa8000 -lAbc -lboost_python -
lcl
> -ldld -lm -o abc_sl.sl abc_sl.o
>
> Question: Which one is "correct"?

The first version looks better to me. I am not an expert on
this, but I believe that the order in which the object files
and libraries are listed is important. If there is a certain
symbol in abc_sl.o which is also defined in any of your
libraries in the list, the one that comes first is normally
used.
This is purely anecdotal, but I always make sure that my
objects are listed before any library. System libraries
last.
Ralf