From: Pearu Peterson (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-18 13:14:00

Hi!

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001 rwgk_at_[hidden] wrote:

> I just checked the cross-module support into the main boost CVS
> tree. The documentation is in
> root/libs/python/doc/cross_module.html.
> Please let me know if there are any questions.
> Ralf

That's great! I will certainly try it out. But I am just wondering if one
can split inherited classes to different modules. For example, I have the
following tree of classes

                      basic

                     ^ ^ ^
                    / | \ .... (there are about 15classes
                symbol | numeric inherited from the basic)
                     matrix

Is it possible to separate symbol, numeric, matrix, and other classes
in different extension modules?
In my current setup they all are (that is, their Boost.Python
wrapper classes) in one module and that makes it about 7000 lines of C++
code. And building it is really painful (my computer has 96MB RAM, g++
takes up to 180MB of memory to compile it).
So, it would be really great if this tree could be split into separate
modules. What do you think, is it feasible?

Regards,
        Pearu