From: rwgk_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-04-18 15:27:53

--- In boost_at_y..., Pearu Peterson <boost_at_c...> wrote:
> That's great! I will certainly try it out. But I am just wondering
if one
> can split inherited classes to different modules. For example, I
have the
> following tree of classes
>
> basic
>
> ^ ^ ^
> / | \ .... (there are about
15classes
> symbol | numeric inherited from the
basic)
> matrix
>
> Is it possible to separate symbol, numeric, matrix, and other
classes
> in different extension modules?
> In my current setup they all are (that is, their Boost.Python
> wrapper classes) in one module and that makes it about 7000 lines
of C++
> code. And building it is really painful (my computer has 96MB RAM,
g++
> takes up to 180MB of memory to compile it).
> So, it would be really great if this tree could be split into
separate
> modules. What do you think, is it feasible?

If your classes have no virtual functions I would say the
answer is yes.
If you have virtual functions I do not know the answer.
Could you reduce your code to a minimal example that
shows all the features you need? I.e., a minimal version
of your basic class, and two examples of a derived class.
That would help in deciding what is feasable and what is not.
Ralf