From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-20 03:50:48

Matt Austern suggested:

Why not hide the macros away in a .cxx file somewhere? I
don't see any good reason to put the actual numerical
values in the header. It's just as good to have something
like this:
  // header file
  namespace whatever {
    extern const double pi;
  }

  // implementation file
  namespace whatever {
    const double pi = THE_ACTUAL_NUMERICAL_VALUE;
  }

Shall I produce a sample of this with actual values?
for comment by others? Or are there other views?

I favour this because it does not require users to remember
to put pi() rather than plain pi.
Personally I find the ()s distracting from the filling in the pie.

Paul