From: Jens Maurer (Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-27 10:43:35

Kirk Klobe wrote:

> I have been pulling my hair out trying to get a combination of
> BOOST_NO_x macros in config.hpp that makes the regression tests
> (v1.21.2) happy when compiling using the full Dinkumware 3.0x VC upgrade
> with either Intel C++ 5.0 or VC6(sp5). Results are always worse than
> with the stock VC6 STL. I believe I have tried just about every
> combination of the macros, starting from the full set that is used with
> the stock STL, down to nothing but BOOST_NO_STD_NAMESPACE.

In order that others can help you, please upload the full set of
error message output from the regression tests to the boost files
section (compressed, of course).

Reading boost/config.hpp, there's no point in changing the
compiler-specific bug macros. You may want to focus on these
library-specific macros, some of which are already set
differently for STLport, for example.

# define BOOST_NO_STD_ITERATOR // No std::iterator in this case
# define BOOST_MSVC_STD_ITERATOR 1
# define BOOST_NO_SLIST
# define BOOST_NO_HASH
# define BOOST_NO_TEMPLATED_ITERATOR_CONSTRUCTORS
# define BOOST_NO_STD_ALLOCATOR
# define BOOST_NO_STD_ITERATOR_TRAITS

Other than that, there may be specific #ifdef BOOST_MSVC workarounds
in the code, which fail to distinguish between the shipped library
and the updated one.

Jens Maurer