From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-30 06:34:20

>We should have warnings about that in
>config.hpp.

Yes.

>How about:
>
>BOOST_NO_VALUE_BASED_ARGUMENT_IN_FUNCTION_TEMPLATE

How about:

BOOST_NO_NON_DEDUCED_FUNCTION_TEMPLATES

as the problem is that the template parameter cannot be deduced from the
function argument list.

BTW do you really need to put this in #ifdef's? If you can use the same
(template class based) version everywhere then why not? Just trying to
save you some typing!

>For parity, we could have macros for the similar problems:
>
>BOOST_NO_VALUE_BASED_ARGUMENT_IN_CLASS_TEMPLATE
>BOOST_NO_TEMPLATE_BASED_ARGUMENT_IN_FUNCTION_TEMPLATE
>BOOST_NO_TEMPLATE_BASED_ARGUMENT_IN_CLASS_TEMPLATE<

Lets not add anything unless we really have to :-)

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/