From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-07 08:29:01

Bjarne Stroustrup gave a talk on C++ Future Directions last week at the C++
committee meeting in Copenhagen. It may be of particular interest to Boost
members because of the emphasis on libraries.

His slides are available at
http://www.research.att.com/~bs/kbh-C++0x.pdf That page isn't linked to
from other pages on his web site, so you have to save the URL if you want
to visit it later.

In giving permission to post the link to the Boost list, Bjarne asked that
people be reminded that this was a presentation aimed at starting a
discussion of alternatives - it doesn't represent committee policy.

My personal observation was that the talk was very well received. In
private conversations afterward, there seemed to be general support,
although several thought we should be somewhat more aggressive in removing
language warts.

--Beman