From: Sven M. Hallberg (pesco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-11 15:51:45

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 12:27:04PM -0000, williamkempf_at_[hidden] wrote:
> My library was discussed a bit, but went no further. I think it
> would be very beneficial to base higher level parsers (such as you
> describe below) off this one or one similar. See the message
> archives for discussions about why what I developed was a pull
> concept and not a push concept to understand why I think this lower
> level concept is needed whether or not the higher level concepts are
> provided as well. Basically, what you describe below won't allow for
> some command line parsing styles that may be wanted.

Right, it focusses on one philosophy of many (that are in many aspects alike).
I, BTW, happen to believe that philosophy to be The Right One. :)

I'll try to put your parser to work once I get the interface stuff straight.
The lower level is indeed needed and should be clearly seperate from the
higher level. Otherwise code replication must occur :(.

> The message archives will also point you to an existing library that
> works very similar to what you describe here (minus the handler
> function object). It may help you evaluate your own design.

I've found the references, thanks for the pointer *G*.

-Sven

--
"Would the All-Seeing Eye please look in my direction?"
 [ KeyID........: 0xC297FEAB ]