From: rwgk_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-05-19 06:52:51

> I think there is a way to generate the functions in boost::python
for VC6
> and look them up using a dispatching function template, but it
hardly seems
> worth it since it wouldn't work properly for GCC.

OK. Who will do what? What about creating a named branch
on the two subdirectories root/boost/boost/python and
root/boost/libs/python? Branch label, say,
boost_python_friend_fixes.
David, would you be able to start the fixes? I figure that
the classes with the converters have to be moved to the
global namespace, but I am not entirely sure. Could you do some
initial work to give us the idea? I could then work out the
details and do the testing on all the different platforms
that we have.
Ralf