From: John Max Skaller (skaller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-19 20:04:29

Beman Dawes wrote:

> At 08:08 AM 5/12/2001, John Max Skaller wrote:
>
> >I wonder if there is any interest in
> >a boost version of STL containers (and a version
> >of the default allocator) that fixes this problem.

> That would be a fairly large effort, and should perhaps be coordinated with
> the standards committee.

        The problem here is that I think it would be useful
if Boost produced a modified version so it could be
examined by the committee, in particular, we could report
just how hard the change actually was to do. I believe
it will be trivial .. but I have not actually done it :-)

        If you have some idea how to 'coordinate' this
with the committee, I'm listening. I posted a note
to the committee reflector. Perhaps boost can wait until
there is some comment.

        There is a trade-off here: some people may feel
allocators are broken and the suggested change is not
enough to fix them up well enough to bother breaking
compatibility. I respect that argument. Other issues
may also arise.

--
John (Max) Skaller, mailto:skaller_at_[hidden]
checkout Vyper http://Vyper.sourceforge.net