From: Hubert HOLIN (Hubert.Holin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-23 17:22:38

Paris (U.E.), le 24/05/2001

        Hi

                I have just uploaded an updated version at

                The functionnality is identical (save for bug fixes and
efficiency improvements...), and existing interface has been preserved.

                There are two main differences with the first version:

1) "special_functions.hpp" now simply includes the content of the files
in the (new) folder "special_functions". Thus each function (which may
come in various flavours) has its own header, for greater modularity if
wished.

2) The quaternions and octonions now use rather heavilly the ideas put
forward by the discution on CPP metaprograming (without inducing any
new dependency). As this might stress a compiler ressource which may
not have been muuch solicited before, I would like to know if it does
not break the test on the platforms where it worked with the first
submission candidate. The benefits of this change is smaller file size,
and muuch easier comparison between the unspecialized template and the
provided specializations (it also enabled me to spot a couple of bugs).

                Please note that the documentation has *NOT* been updated
yet, but will be in an ulterior release (in particular for the
acknowledgement of suggestions made thus far in the review process).

        Thanks

                        Hubert Holin
                        Hubert.Holin_at_[hidden]